Sunday, January 18, 2009

cupcake math

My dear friend, Julie sent me Hello Cupcake! for Christmas. (Thanks, Julie!) Have you seen this book? It is full of amazing ideas for decorating cupcakes. I was hooked by page 3. My mom's birthday was this week so I quickly volunteered to make a sweet treat for the celebration and here's what I made:

I made about 26 of these babies. Was it fun? Oh yeah. Was it time consuming? ummm....much more than I anticipated Would I do it again? definitely.

As a side note I would recommend enlisting the help of an eager 5 year old. It makes the process much more...interesting and also helps you get rid of all that leftover candy.

Tomorrow: I'll be back to gush about my mom and bit and share a great gift idea.

1 comment:

Melissa Crowe said...

Super cute! Lucky mom!