Thursday, January 22, 2009

fast, easy, fun

I made these fun fabric button magnets for a friend and thought I would share the process here. I know there are scads of tutorials for this already out there so I am just calling mine a mini-tutorial.
you will need:

+ a button making kit from a fabric or craft store. I used the 3/4 inch size You can find tons of button making supplies here as well.

+ magnets to glue on the back. I used the .47 x .11 inch "super magnets" that I found at my local hardware store. They really are SUPER strong-it nearly became a problem. Please keep these magnets away from small children!

+ some heavy-duty glue (I used E-6000)

+ some fabric scraps. (oh what a happy way to use up fabric scraps!)

+ scissors

I've also seen people make these button and glue thumbtacks instead of magnets onto the back. And some people use them for...get this...buttons!

What's your favorite way to use those tiny fabric scraps?

1 comment:

Melissa Crowe said...

I mostly just stuff 'em in a drawer. This is way better. :-)