Thursday, January 29, 2009

Have you Spoonflowered?

I have been yipping and yapping about Spoonflower for a few months now but just recently got around to actually trying it out. My first 8 x 8 inch swatch arrived earlier this week. What an exciting mail day that was!


The top half is my graphic file (look familiar?) and the bottom (obviously) is the fabric swatch. This was an experiment essentially so I have learned a few things: 1) those little teeny tiny line details are not going to show up on your fabric 2) when you upload your image and you see a thin white dividing line across it on the screen it will be there on your printed fabric ( I think I picked the wrong tiling or I set it up wrong, I can fix that next time) 3) clean your iron once in awhile for heaven's sake or you are going to get ick right in the middle of your Spoonflower sample!

I was pretty impressed with the way the colors matched. I also got my sample sooner than I expected. They warned that it could take 2 - 3 weeks but it did not take that long. Plus at $5 (plus $1 shipping) this is affordable fun.

Now, what to do with an 8 x 8 inch fabric sample with a stain in the middle? hmmm...button magnets anyone?

No comments: