Thursday, February 19, 2009

finally finishing some things

I am feeling so good about finally finishing up a project or two. I have gotten into the bad habit of having a dozen or so things in the works at once and never completing any of them. So I put a couple of things in my shop and finished this embroidered piece. Those aren't really traditional baby colors but I love them anyway.


I would love to put this in the shop but I am waiting to see if I can get permission. As I was stitching it it suddenly occurred to me that I might not be able to just use someone's quote to sell my product. Copyright law is just one of those things that, as an artist, I should really really know more about but have not yet taken the time and effort to really get a grip on it. I do always strive to do the right thing, however, so I have requested permission and am waiting to hear back. If I never get the go-ahead then I will most likely pass it on to someone with a little one on the way and that's fine too.

All that being said, as much as I love quotations and type I might just shy away from using them anymore. It's getting to be too complicated. Or maybe I'm just lazy. Let's go with 'complicated'.

My goal today: to bring the house status back up to "teetering on chaos" from it's current state: spiraling way out of control.

1 comment:

Melissa Crowe said...

We learn as we go--that has certainly been the case for me. And I hope you won't give up embroidering text--it's really lovely, and I know there must be alternatives to using quotes.

Hey--what is that fabric on the back, and where can I get some? I love it!