Monday, February 9, 2009

weekend wrap-up

We had a busy but very nice weekend here. My in-laws were in town on a promotional tour of sorts so we were able to spend some quality time with them. We headed to the Joslyn Art Museum on Sunday afternoon and somehow managed to see some art in spite of Adam's (16 mo. old) efforts to stop us. We had him all strapped up in the stroller of course - I mean there's just no way we could unleash him in such a place. He discovered pretty early on that there was significant echo potential there and proceeded to show off his great big voice nearly the entire time. awesome.
I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to disturb all the childless folks (meaning everyone but us) but at the same time what am I supposed to do, pay my admission then hide in the bathroom with my baby? We decided to tough it out and did not make eye contact with any of the other visitors which was really hard for me - I'm big on politeness.
Anyway, we saw a great exhibition of woodcuts - I love woodcuts. There was even one by one of my very favorite artists K├Ąthe Schmidt Kollwitz. I would love to post some pictures from the website but that probably just wouldn't be right. Lots of gorgeous illustration there too. fantastic!

No comments: