Saturday, March 28, 2009

thrift love and technical difficulties

So, I was dropping stuff off to donate at the thrift store yesterday - trying to de-clutterfy my house a teeny tiny bit - and the next thing I know I'm browsing through the linens rack. sigh. In the end I only spent 99 cents and what I came home with fit in my purse so I don't feel too terrible. I found this little printed linen piece of fabric and thought it was too cute to leave behind. It didn't have any tags or anything so I don't know much about it (for all I know it came from IKEA or something) Don't know for sure what to do with it but it will find it's way into some project I hope. I was thinking about how I have developed an actual thrifting pattern - I'm like a machine. Here's how it goes: 1) Housewares (I always dream that somewhere there is an employee that has mistakenly set out a set of real vintage fiestaware marked to, like, 25 cents a piece - hasn't happened yet but one day....) 2) Linens - I know it's mostly ratty old Power Ranger sleeping bags but once in awhile there is a treasure hidden there. and 3) Books - don't need to explain that one, do I? I love thrifting!

And here is the part where I was going to post some photos of this week's embroidery projects. I'm not sure if I just haven't had enough coffee yet this morning or what but I cannot get my photos to upload properly. They are coming up sideways and the wrong size. I'm not sure what is going on but I will try again later.

See you soon!

4 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

We can keep hoping--I found one turquoise fiestaware plate left behind by the people who used to live in my house. So far it's my only piece!

Patty said...

Other than a few cross stitch books and leaflets, I never find anything that great in my local thrift store. But I read about everybody else's finds so I keep hoping I will one day hit the jackpot. For me, that would be embroidery transfers or an embroiderted pieces, even one with a stain would be do a happy dance. And, I can why you would give that fabric a good home. It is really cute.

Jenn Maruska said...

Don't give up - a friend of mine once found a brand new pair of Coach shoes for less than $20! (They were a half size too small, but you can bet she squeezed her feet into them any chance she got!)

maquinas de coser said...

Hey its been really a very good and informative post to read on. I will keep these points in my mind from now onwards, hope will not commit mistakes
maquinas de coser
maquinas de bordar