Friday, April 10, 2009

spring (break) fever

TGIF! The last day of Spring Break. whew! It's been a wee bit crazy here here this week with Peter home from school. I have really tried to make it a fun week for him but I think being out of the regular routine has been hard on him so we are a little frazzled at this point. We kicked off the week with a sleepover with three cousins. So we had five boys between the ages of 18 months and 9 yrs. here for 24 hours or so. It was actually really fun though and I was reminded constantly of how much easier it's getting now that my nephews and my own boys are growing older. My 9 year old nephew is so helpful and such a great leader that I fear he may have done a better job keeping things under control than I did.

There was, however, an unbelievable amount of what we like to call 'pottytalk' overheard. Okay parents of older kids - I gotta know - when exactly do they grow tired of this? because I know for sure I have already. After the nephews left I found a funny little calling card on my fridge:

Can't you just hear the giggles?

I also have a little bit of book love to share. I happened upon Wave by Suzy Lee at the library as I was chasing Adam and fell in love with the illustrations:

The whole book is just this water blue color with pencil and it is so beautiful. There are no words but the pictures are so expressive that it is a delight to look through over and over again. The images and the main character are absolutely irresistible.
Sorry there is not a shred of crafting news in this post - I'll save that for the next one. Needless to say this week has been slightly less crafty than most but I should be able to round up something to share.


Mark Wilson said...

Wow that's nice picture that you have made. Nice post. Keep posting more.

saim said...

Hello, I am very happy to read your blog. This is another fantastic blog post what I have read.

find doctor list

0Zero7 said...

I am working with an
Internet marketing company
and this really worth reading for me Many things i did not know before. I would be your frequent visitor.
affordable web hosting