Tuesday, May 19, 2009

3 more days

vince and I breaking in the new fire pit last weekend

...til the unofficial start of Summer! I am so amazed at how quickly the school year passed. It had it's ups and downs and I have to admit that I have some regrets about it as well as some higher expectations of the next school year. I'm not sure I was as strong an advocate for Peter as I should have been. Next year I hope to get more involved.

I am getting geared up for the months ahead and finishing up my "summer of fun" book (that's what we call it around here). It's just a regular old binder that I fill with activity and outing ideas. I try to have something planned - even if it's just a 5 minute activity - every weekday of the summer. I know it sounds tedious, right? But it is actually really helpful. Without a plan I think we would all spend too much wasted time wondering what to do with all that free time.

Peter at the sprinkler park last summer - you can find us there again this summer as well.

I would love to say that I create my own fun activities but I usually don't. I get a TON of them from Family Fun magazine. You could say our Summer is sponsored by Family Fun I think. I also noticed that Craftzine.com will be running a series about crafting activities to do with kids - yea! I'm really looking forward to that. I'll try to post as many of our adventures as I can and hopefully it will help out another mom or two out there who is looking for some Summer fun ideas.

If anyone out there has some other good resources for fun Summer activities please share! thanks!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Scholastic has an awesome website full of activities. One summer I believe they even had a calendar with activities but I don't see it this year, yet. Here is the link
http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/activities.jsp