Saturday, June 6, 2009

I ♥ my postal carrier

Since our local mayoral election concluded in early May my mailbox has sat pretty much empty for the past few weeks. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss all those cheesy campaign postcards. This past week I was the happy recipient of some little delights. First and foremost was the little village hoop from little pink house. Melissa and I worked out a little swap and I have to say I'm sure I got the better end of that deal. (shhhh! don't tell Melissa!) Please excuse my photograph as it does not even come close to capturing the wonder of this piece. I've determined that there is a sort of magical quality of felt that refuses to be captured in pixels.


Next I received my first installment of "ReadyMade" magazine. I figured I deserved a new magazine since Wondertime broke up with me, right? It looks like it will be a fun one to flip through and there was a nice article about patchwork and applique in this issue. I do think, however, that I have to pass on the chandelier made of plastic umbrellas featured on page 48. You could say there's something for everyone in that magazine I suppose.

A few days later this arrived in my mailbox....
Oh what could it be?? what could it be??
...












Sorry! nothing exciting this time but this is still a really good reference to have on hand. I did recently order some mini calendar panels through Spoonflower and I will have those in the shop this Summer. The full sized panels are nice but if someone is looking for a slightly smaller/faster project the mini calendars might be better.

I will have to post again soon to update on some pint sized craft projects that Peter and I have done recently. Here's a clue about one of them:

Any guesses about what that is??

4 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Is that soap snow? Hmmm. I was randomly clicking on some comments on Katie Cupcake's blog and I came across yours. I'm so glad I clicked over! That Readymade is waiting for me tonight. It's been on my coffee table mocking me all week. I can't wait to dive into it this evening!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh how funny, I have been here before! I jsut got sucked into you posts and around page three or four I thought, "hmm...this looks familiar..." I checked my reader and there you are, lol! The downside of subscribing to 2,000+ blogs. Looking at your patterns again has me so inspired!

Mrs. Katie Picciottoli said...

It looks just like homemade cottage cheese (but couldn't be because that's not a craft, is it?)

Love the little houses! What did you send Melissa?

Lucy C said...

I love the fabric calendars. I'm definitely going to be ordering one (or two. Perfect presents! Thanks for the idea.