Wednesday, June 24, 2009

in the process

I'm still here, I swear. I don't like to go more than a week without a post but it appears as though that has happened. I am tending to many irons on my fire these days and I am in that stage where it feels like I am working working working on things but nothing is getting done. But it's getting to the point where I can see the end of a few projects and am starting to think about new ones and I love that point :). Here's a small roundup:

Mini Calendars - yea! I am finishing up a sample but haven't decided whether it will go in the shop or not. I might just use it as an example of a finished calendar, I don't know. These are such a cute size - good for a cubicle or little office area.

Wedding invitations :). These are for my twin sister who is getting married in September. I was really hoping she would let me help out with the invitations and she was nice enough to humor me and throw me that bone. They are having an outdoor wedding in a nature preserve so I thought trees would be fitting. Oh, and also I love trees so then there's that as well :). I made this stamp and had a blast with it. I can't wait to make another one. Carving through that rubber is so much fun and I have to shoo away all the other family members who want to get their hands on my tools and try it out as well. I think I might have to make myself a little set of notecards with this stamp too - I am a little in love with these trees.

Then there is the "beast in the basement". (sorry for the awful photo - can anyone take a good photo in their unfinished basement??) . This gigantic project is a 2 x 16 (yes, 16) foot sign for my in-laws. It's for the outside of their business. I have never made anything like this before and frankly, it's kind of the opposite of the kind of work I usually do. I like small. Anything larger than a sheet of paper intimidates me. But this is good for me and is forcing me to try something new. It's not exactly the most creative thing I have ever taken on but I hope they like it and that they will be proud to hang it on their building.
I also had a bid accepted through alchemy on Etsy so I am finishing that up. I don't check alchemy that often but there are some fun opportunities out there. This one is just a wee little quilt label (a project that's just my size you know) but it's been really fun to work on. I'll have to post that when it's all done.

Now I'm off to check up on everyone else's projects!


Kelly said...

What is the material for the sign?

Corinne said...

The sign is wood - two 2x8 pieces that will be joined together when it's installed. crossing fingers it turns out okay!!