Friday, August 28, 2009

score

Isn't she lovely? This is the lucky find I hinted about in yesterday's post. A hand stitched linen tablecloth in the most cheerful colors and most precise cross stitches.
Personally, I think this tablecloth was seeking me out. I found it in the fabric section, not the table linen section of the thrift store. It had been marked down 4 times and was finally priced at $7. I tried so hard to just say to myself "isn't that nice" and just walk away. After all, I knew for certain it would not fit my table and that I could never dream of putting something like that on my table until my boys are like, 18 or something.

It wouldn't stop calling out to me though and well, it's mine now. I apologize for my bad photos. I'm not used to having to take photos of something this big and well, I was too lazy to try to figure it out at this point. And yes, I probably should have pressed it first as well. But it's just getting folded up and tucked away again until I figure out what to do with it. Until then I will be keeping it far away from any threat of crayola markers, sticky peanut butter hands, and fruit juice spills!

2 comments:

RosaMarĂ­a said...

that is a beautiful tablecloth!! i'm agree with you about wait your boys have 18!! :D have a great weekend!

Becky said...

So pretty! Why wait? Just don't serve them grape juice when it's on the table.