Wednesday, September 2, 2009

i believe in angels

I don't know if I have mentioned it recently but...I am so lucky.
This past weekend was the big air show - and it takes place right here in the heartland - for free I might add. It happens to be just about my favorite event of the Summer. That is actually a little bit strange because flying in an airplane is not something I enjoy in the least and the fact that any airplane travel is out of the budget at this time in my life suits me just fine. But, I will face huge crowds, my own whiny children, waiting in line for 1 1/2 hours to take the shuttle back to my car, and porta-potties just to watch other people do it. As you may have figured out by now, the headlining act was the one and only Blue Angels.
I don't know how it can possibly be that these guys aren't dead because what they can do with those planes defies all reason. wow.
I am just in awe of the talent of all the performers there. But, I still won't be buying a plane ticket any time soon.
As for life on the ground I am working on posting a few ornaments this week. This is the first one. I wanted to keep it really simple and clean and I also wanted to use some fancy stitches. I used a fishbone stitch for the leaves and I gotta say - that stitch is fantastic! Try it the next time you need a fill stitch, I think you will love it too.
I also used a raised satin stitch for the berries and liked that as well. Normally satin stitch is one of my least favorite stitches but I do like how this variation turned out. It's a little time consuming but since it was such a small little area it wasn't too bad.
And finally - we are now in, what I like to think, is a nearly perfect month. There is so much to love about September - the anticipation of a new season, the fresh start it seems to bring, the first crisp fall mornings. Personally, I have a lot of hopes and plans for this month but I know that not everything will get done. I'm going to dig in and give it try anyway - let's see what happens!

3 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

Love-ly!

Becky said...

I feel the same way about flying! Don't like it one teeny bit.

I do like - no, make that love - your ornament! Gorgeous!

Corinne said...

Thanks Becky and Melissa!