Thursday, September 24, 2009

WIP for premiere night

This was the project I was supposed to bring along with me last weekend. Unfortunately I did not get the appliques cut and placed until, oh about an hour ago, so it was put on hold for a few days.
Anyway, it's a special birthday request for a dear friend whose birthday has come and gone but I know she will forgive me. (right, Julie??) I'll be sure to share a photo when it is complete.
I will be stitching along watching the Office season premiere tonight. The Summer has been such a dismal time for tv and I welcome the return of some of my favorite stitching companions.

I'm also working on a great big blog post full of ideas for embellishing the fabric calendars I sell in my shop. I know I won't be able to make all the calendars I want to make but it seems like a waste to not at least share some ideas, even if I can't pursue them all. I'm hoping lots of readers will share their ideas as well. Look for that in the next few days!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, they're beautiful! I love the coral with the honeydew and the turquoise background. Can't wait to see what they turn into...and how you decide to stitch.

Becky said...

Those look like zinnias!! Very pretty.

Whatcha stitchin 'em to?

Corinne said...

Yep, those are indeed zinnias. My friend saw the two I have in my shop and when I asked her what I should make her for her birthday she asked for one. I'm just stitching around each layer and around the edge of the leaves. Then I will fill in the middle with french knots. I'm trying to decide if I want to add anything else to it like words or a border but I haven't made up my mind yet. Suggestions welcome! :)