Thursday, October 22, 2009

the big 1-0

My my my what an awful scan of one of my very favorite photos!
What can I say, I have been married so long that my wedding photos were taken on film! No really, I love that I have been married this long, especially since I picked such an excellent partner for this adventure. Vince says it was his plan all along to marry me but honestly I think we both would have been pretty shocked if we had been told back in high school that one day we would be celebrating our ten year anniversary. It's true that we are, as a lot of our friends and family tell us, very opposite people. The good girl and the bad boy, the introvert and the extrovert, I could go on and on, seriously. But we are also great compliments to one another and somehow it just works - much to our surprise and delight.
Oh, and how exactly will we be celebrating this event? Ummm...I'm not sure. Terrible, isn't it? When it became clear that we wouldn't be able to fly off to India, or Scotland, or even Minnesota for that matter, we failed to come up with a plan B. I can hear all the romantics out there gasping in horror right now. Don't worry, we'll come up with something! In the name of love and romance I swear we will come up with something!
But right now, I really need to put in another load of laundry.


Becky said...


Hey, sometimes the best celebrations happen without big planning! Have fun.

Caitlin said...

Congratulations! Beautiful photo!

Melissa Crowe said...

Congrats, my dear. (Our plan B is pretty much always Mexican food and a movie--I hope you come up with something better!)

Glenda said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

WhimsAndInconsistencies said...

Congratulations! :)