Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the first flakes have officially flown

I truly love snowflakes (they are right up there with trees in my book). I can, however, wait until oh, I don't know, December perhaps, to see them in my yard. Yes, it's true, it did actually snow here this past weekend if you can believe that. I should have taken a photo as proof but I was too busy pouting about it and keeping an eye on Peter who was, get this, sledding. sigh.
I just prefer to have fall before Winter is all, that's not too much to ask is it? I was sport enough to dig out "Wonderful White World of Winter" by Bing Crosby and play it loudly as is the tradition in our home whenever the first snow of the season falls. See, I can be a big girl when I need to be.
In the end, the day turned out quite well and I was able to attend Craft Night with some other Omaha Etsy Street Team members. I got some stitching done AND met some wonderful women as well (like this one and this one and this one) - yea! Go ahead, click the links and see just a small sample of the amazing talent right here in Omaha, I promise you will be impressed.
I also just finished up a little pattern set (pictured above). I have another one I was hoping to have complete by now too. This pattern contains some text and I realized as I was almost done stitching my sample that there is a spelling error in it!!! ACK! I cannot believe I did that (wait, yes I can) but luckily it will be an easy correction. I sort of feel like I need some space from that project for a few days though, do you ever feel that way? Besides, I have plenty of other things to keep me busy like the Halloween costume fiasco I'm right in the middle of right now. I'll save that for another post :)


Melissa Crowe said...

Oh, those are lovely! And I know just what you mean about needing some space--sometimes I get so frustrated I have to put the project somewhere where I can't even see it. When I go back, though, it never seems as bad.

Jessica said...

I often set something aside when it's frustrating me...funny how things seem to work a whole lot better when I've had some distance.

Love the stitching! Though I'm not quite ready to think about snowflakes, either real or handmade.

Glenda said...

Oh wow about the snow! I was grousing today because it was in the 90's, which just felt SO wrong (especially after it being so, so cold last weekend!).

Love your new pattern set, especially the light floss on the dark fabric.

Becky said...

I love your snowflakes as much as I love snow! I wish we got more here. [Now I'll go pout.]

I have a bunch of WIP that I have set aside. Some were because of boredom and I get back to 'em. But generally, setting aside a troubling project is the best way for me to re-assess and fix whatever it wrong.

A Beautiful Party said...

Just saw your work on Decor8. I love your embroidered pieces and happy to discover a new blog!