Wednesday, October 28, 2009

in praise of the day-date

I'm happy to report that I did in fact get to spend a little time with my husband this past weekend without two little ones in tow. We decided to get a babysitter and leave for our adventure during the day instead of at night. I have to say, that just might be the way to go, folks. We went hiking, out for lunch, did a little snooping in some favorite antique shops. It was wonderful! By the time we got back it was time to make dinner and put the boys to bed. Thinking about it, I really can't believe we have never done that. I give that idea five stars.

In crafting news I am stitching ornaments like mad. It really feels like the holiday season is here and right now that is okay with me. Ask me again at Thanksgiving and I might feel differently. Here is my latest bit of sweetness:

I love that little rabbit and I love those colors. I do think it has a little bit more of a country western feel than I anticipated or planned but I guess that's okay. Vince's response to that was, "hey, even little cowpokes need Christmas ornaments". I guess so.

Oh, and I have completed the first of what I hope will be many handmade holiday gifts but guess what?! I can't share it because I believe the recipient stops by here every once in awhile and I don't want to spoil the surprise. That's no fun at all, I know. Oh well, what I will be revealing soon is my halloween costume endeavour!

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

What a sweet ornament! I'm so ready to start Christmas shopping & crafting!!

JennyC.No3 said...

great job! can you share any tips on embroidering words?

Amy said...

I love it! The scalloping is adorable.

Becky said...

Adorable that ornament is!!!

Is the plaid fabric scalloped or is the blue?

Kelly said...

If I recall, you drew MY name for Christmas. Goody, Goody! I hope I get a hand made gift!

Corinne said...

Thanks all!

Jenny C. - stay tuned, I think I will write up a post about your question - I have lots of opinions about that topic :)

Becky - It's actually the plaid fabric that is scalloped. I suppose it would be just as easy to do it the opposite way though. Maybe I should try that sometime and see if it works any better.

Kelly - Sorry, this one isn't for you :P. But I have not forgotten that you are on my list!

JennyC.No3 said...

Awesome - thanks!! :)