Saturday, October 17, 2009

This might have been the most creative fun I had all week. We had a birthday celebration for my sister last night and I was in charge of dessert. (yea!) So I dug out my good 'ol 'Hello Cupcake' for some decorating ideas and decided on this. love that book!
Peter was able to help out with the leaves so that made it even more fun. We made them by using real leaves that we had collected, washed, and dried. Then we melted some colored candy melts and sort of 'painted' the backs of the leaves with it. Some were just solid colors but on others we swirled the colors together. They cooled in the fridge for a day or so then I peeled the candy off the leaves and that's it. I did lose quite a few leaves in the peeling process though so I am glad we made a LOT. The acorns are just carmels that have been rolled into an egg shape then dipped in chocolate and chocolate sprinkles. Really easy, really fun.
In other creative news Peter's Halloween costume is going surprisingly well I'm happy to report. Oh I hope I didn't just jinx myself. I don't have any photos to post yet so I'll try to take some this weekend. Plus, the forecast is calling for sunshine - hooray! I think it's been over a week since we have seen the sun and it's making everyone grouchy!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Dangit! That cake is awesome! Why aren't you MY sister? ;)

ReFabulous said...

LOVELY! And it looks oh-so-yummy! Very nice.