Thursday, November 26, 2009

so much to be thankful for

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays. It's not the food that makes me say that (although my sister is bringing a marble cheesecake - yum!). I have always liked the fact that Thanksgiving is all about family but isn't complicated by gift-giving like Christmas can sometimes be.
I also love that people might take a moment on this day to reflect on the things they are thankful for. I know I should do that everyday but I don't. A healthy, happy family, an awesome husband, a chance to stay home with my boys, a little creative space squeezed into all of that - what more could I ask for? I mean, 'for what more could I ask?' Yep, it's going to be a great day.
I will be back tomorrow with a tutorial - yea!
And stop over at my friend Amy's blog then too for a SeptemberHouse giveaway!

2 comments:

RosaMarĂ­a said...

that is so true! every day all people should reflect about all the things we are thankful for... doing that maybe our world could be a better place... happy thanksgiving to you!

iknitipurl said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. And save us a piece of that cheesecake!