Friday, November 6, 2009

sweet little dress for a sweet little girl

This was just too much fun. I definitely see more teeny tiny embroidered dresses in my future. This one is just about two inches tall so those were some itty bitty stitches. This is one of the custom ornaments I have been working on this week and what fun it has been. I just love having a chance to make girly things like this once in awhile - probably because I live in a house full of boys.
And umm... tiny dress embroidery pattern anyone? Oh I would love to do that!!

I also wanted to share some ideas I posted over on the HEN (Hand Embroidery Network) blog recently. I was thrilled to be invited to post there as a guest blogger last week. It's a list of ideas for handmade holiday gifts. There are lots of tutorial links for fun things to make and embroider. Now if only I could find the time to actually do some of them myself!

While you are there look around at some of the other great information. You can also learn tons of new embroidery stitches. It's a wonderful resource.

(Speaking of sweet little things check out this giveaway over at my friend, Ellene's blog!) Who's feeling lucky??

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Darling! I especially love the tiny hanger. The colors are great together too.

I have just found HEN and am really loving it! So handy to have all the stitches in one place with photos, and I'm learning so many new ones. The projects are really beautiful too.

Corinne said...

Thanks Jessica!
I had second thoughts about that hanger and considered leaving it out - now I'm so glad I didn't do that!

Heather said...

that is perfectly dear. so delicate and beautiful!

Glenda said...

Soooooo adorable!!!

Thanks for the link to HEN's blog -- I just spent a huge amount of time over there and will be going back to dig into the archives more, soon :).

Becky said...

That is adorable Corinne!

ellene said...

oh, this reminds me of these sweet little vintage linens I found a few years ago. Remind me to show them to you at the next meeting. They have ladies in various stages of getting ready and they are so unique! They are around 4 x 6 and I display them in my laundry room. very cute stitching on your little dress!