Wednesday, December 9, 2009

cold snap

It happened all over Omaha this morning - snap snap snap - folks with the time, the inclination and the camera were taking gorgeous photographs. On Tuesday we got slammed by snow and the winds howled all night but then this morning the sun crept through and revealed shimmering drifts as far as the eye could see. I had about 1 minute to take advantage of the situation. I could hear Adam awake in his room but I grabbed my camera and threw on some slip-on shoes (no socks at all of course) anyway and headed out to the porch for some quick clicks. (poor Adam!) I didn't get much but that's okay. I'm sure there will be another barn-buster storm to capture in pixels this Winter.
our front steps are under there somewhere I swear
I don't know for sure how much we ended up getting. I stop keeping track after 6 inches. I mean what's the difference between 9 and 10 inches? At that point who cares?
Somehow the boys and I have made it through 2 days of being home bound without strangling each other but they did just cancel school for tomorrow. By the way - three snow days in a row? - that totally never happened when I was a kid! no fair! So... wish us luck.

Oh yes - and do stop over here for a chance to win a SeptemberHouse calendar panel :)


Chase said...

same here! we have the same amount of the snow you have. we are in storm lake, iowa. i just can't believe how much of the snow we have had... hope you and your family safe and staying warm~

Marla said...

Oh Corinne! My "snow" pic doesn't even compare to yours! How beautiful! Talk about a winter wonderland- my children would be in a sheer state of bliss! Thank you for risking frostbite on the piggies to give us some breath-taking pics!
(For a good laugh, come see my pic at )

Glenda said...

Oh my, how pretty!!

I have a good friend in West Des Moines, Iowa, and she said they received 14-1/2 inches. Wowza.

RosaMarĂ­a said...

beautiful!!! we don't have any snow thing weather here... only the ice cream :) have a great time at home!!

Karin said...

Great pictures. Oh that snow, it's gorgeous. And goodluck with eing homebound :-)