Thursday, December 31, 2009

digging our way out of 2009

Well we are in between family whirlwinds right now so I am popping in quickly to say hello. It has been a fun and slightly crazy week. We got blasted with another foot of snow on Christmas so that made everything a little more complicated. I must admit I have been feeling a little negative about Winter lately but I am going to try to stop myself from complaining about it here. It's just that... oh never mind.
Anyway, I want to wish everyone a safe and happy new year! I'm not really one for resolutions* but I do like to dream a little on new year's day about what I hope to do and learn in the coming year. I won't laundry list all the creative projects I want to try - there are far too many for that. What ever projects I do get a chance to try though, will be shared here with all of you and I am so looking forward to following everyone else's projects as well. If I did make resolutions I think a good one for me would be to take the time to leave more comments on other people's blogs. So often I am inspired and awed by someones work but don't take the time to let them know. Perhaps I will get better about that in 2010 - but I am NOT making a resolution, really, I'm not, I swear.
* stating you are making a resolution usually sabotages any attempt you may make to actually follow through on it in my humble opinion.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Oh, wow, so much snow!!

I really have to be aware in the summer about hatin' on the heat, so I understand what you mean about winter getting under your skin :).

Well, one of my unofficial goals for 2009 was to comment regularly on blogs, and I've done pretty well about it. I don't comment very often on blogs that have huge readership + huge commentership (Pioneer Woman, Posie Gets Cozy, etc.), but on smaller blogs my goal has been to not mark a post as read in my Google Reader until I've left a comment -- I meet that goal about 80% of the time.

I like having "goals" rather than making resolutions. Resolutions seem very succeed-or-fail to me, no in-between . . . whereas goals, for me, are more flexible and can be adjusted as needed :).

Happy New Year, Corinne!!

AmberlyThrower said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.