Monday, December 21, 2009

okay so here's me

I dug this out of an old Holly Hobbie book I had when I was a kid. Yes, I loved Holly Hobbie. I had the metal lunchbox, the sleeping bag, various other goodies. The verse that is printed with this illustration reads:
Making a dress for your dollie
in a pattern that's bright and gay
Is a wonderful way to fill your hours
on a very bad-weather day.
I couldn't agree more and that is just what I have been doing.

I am working on a gift for my niece and am trying my hand at sewing doll clothes. I managed to get this simple dress finished but there was an unfortunate pair of doll-sized jeans that I ended up throwing in the trash - boo! My sewing machine and denim don't always get along so well. It has been fun though and I do want to try some of the other items in the pattern set. Any advice on making doll clothes is welcome too as I am still figuring all this out.

I still have some other gifts I'd like to make but we'll see how it goes. I recall staying up VERY late and sewing right before Christmas last year and this year might just be the same.

4 comments:

Beth said...

My sister had the Holly Hobbie lunch box...I only had hand-me-downs! :-(

Melissa Crowe said...

I had the bedspread and curtains!

iknitipurl said...

Not sure if she has a Cabbage Patch Kid doll but I saw a few Butterick's patterns at the fabric shop today. Might make things a wee bit easier.

buy kamagra online said...

Hey nice blog.I like your post.very interesting.Keep posting.