Wednesday, January 27, 2010

available now in travel size

So, how much fun are these babies??
I found (and loved!) these pendant settings way back in November when the holiday season was in full swing. It was a little like torture having to set them aside and wait to turn them into these cuties. Then when I had a chance after Christmas I made a bunch that were just plain ugly, got frustrated and set them aside once again.
FINALLY I have something I am happy with. I have been wearing my little embroidered pendant for a few days now and love it, even though I am generally not much of a jewelry wearing type gal.
As a funny side note I just have to share the dream I had last night. I dreamt I was attending the State of the Union address (as if you could do that) and was waiting outside when Barack Obama himself walked by and gave a nod to the hideous handmade Obama necklace that I was wearing (seriously, it was BAD folks, really bad). Then, because he was so moved by my creative gesture he came over and spoke to me. So, there you have it. Creativity can pay off - even if it's just in your dreams. Needless to say I think I was subconsciously working out some nervousness about a) the new items in my shop and b) the actual state of the union. Only one of those, however, is probably worth getting worked up about.

13 comments:

Crafty Cripple said...

I adore these pendants, I wonder if I can get them this side of the Atlantic?

Melissa Crowe said...

Lovely!

Melissa Crowe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Beautiful Party said...

these are gorgeous!

Caitlin T. said...

oh, corinne, these are lovely! i'm definitely adding them to my birthday wish list!

iknitipurl said...

Gorgeous pendant. I absolutely love the green with the embroidered flower.

Glenda said...

I'm glad you didn't give up after your first attempts, because these are adorable :).

Mary Corbet said...

These are really sweet - I love the simple stitching and the perfect little flower!

Karin said...

They are so beautiful. Really lovely!

Corinne said...

Thanks everybody! :)

Kristi said...

Love the green one!

The Curious Pug said...

i have to say i LOVE your work! i found you on flickr and love your designs. they are gorgeous! may i ask what your preferred method of transferring designs to the fabric is? :) i'm experimenting as I'm new to embroidery.

jody mcdowell said...

the pendants are beautiful! such a great idea.. i especially love the olive green one. great job!