Friday, January 8, 2010

first post of 2010

Even though I am really really good at it, I am going to try to refrain from complaining about the weather. I'll just state the facts - we are currently in the midst of a super deep freeze - cold enough that they have canceled school for the third day in a row. Cold enough that you really shouldn't take your wee ones out into the elements unless you absolutely have to (not even to the fabric store for heaven's sake!). This, after yet another round of snow. I mean, I just have to share that, right? Now I can move onto other things but that was absolutely NOT a complaint - nor a 'gripe' - please don't be misled. *wink* Anyway, I am actually pretty excited about some of the new projects that I am starting off with in 2010. This one is some doodle stitching I am working on for a swap I am in. Each participant picks a different theme and then each member stitches something in that theme for them. I loved the doodle stitching and sampler stitching I saw by joyofjess and some other flickr stitchers and wanted to give it a try. Turns out being 'random' is a little bit difficult for me - which probably means it's a really great exercise for me to try. I am using the Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Embroidery Stitches as my bible as I stitch along. I just flip through the pages picking out new stitches to try and go for it. I have really fallen in love with a few of them and have definitely fallen in love with that book.

So I will have lots of stitching of my own as well as bits from some other extremely talented women to share over the next few months. yea!

Yes, by the way, we do have a sanity saver, er, I mean a trampoline in the middle of our living room floor, so what?


RosaMarĂ­a said...

oooh that sounds really cold, I think I must don't complain sometimes for a few hot days we had this winter... is great save sanity sometimes! I love the trampoline and I would have one here too! what you're doing, as always, so wonderful!!

RosaMarĂ­a said...

ps. and love your new banner!

Beth said...

Oh, it's looking lovely! I can't wait to see the finished embroidery!

Glenda said...

When my kiddo was younger, we had a mini-trampoline in our living room year-round -- the nieces and nephews all loved it when they were little, too :).

I like your doodle stitching. I remember favorite-ing that particular embroidery of joyofjess', as an idea of what to do with my mini-calendar.

Chase said...

VERY so Awesome! Love your work!