Sunday, January 17, 2010

scatterbrain

I swear my brain has been going in a million directions lately and I haven't been able to figure out how to organize them into a readable blog post. Thankfully the Antarctic weather we were having has given way to something much more hospitable. The warmer temps has meant a lot of fog overnight and as a result we have been waking up to flocked and crystallized trees as far as the eye can see. It's as if Jack Frost himself has been zipping around with his little wand or something. Pretty spectacular.
On the creative front I am working on a new pattern set and also some other new items for the shop. When I have so many things going at once it just seems to take forever to get any one thing done and that can be frustrating. Still, I can't help but work that way.
On the home front I have been wringing my hands a little as we try to make a decision about school for Peter next year. We are applying to a different school but I have been so torn up about it. I have a lot of guilt about the idea of leaving our neighborhood school. I am kind of big on community and it feels like such a betrayal to walk away from that. Also, I love the idea that Peter's classmates are our neighbors and are people you run into at the grocery store and the post office. I really hate to change that. The other school has so many more fun and creative learning opportunities though and I know that if we didn't give Peter a chance to have those experiences we would regret that. The application deadline is the end of the month so we are having to make these choices pretty quickly as well which hasn't helped my stress level either.
Like everyone else I'm sure I have Haiti on the brain too. So many emotions are conjured up every time I see the images or hear about the devastation: horror, sadness, helplessness, frustration, guilt, shock. I don't know why I am even typing this, I'm sure everyone is feeling the same way. Still, I feel compelled to at least acknowledge this catastrophe that is weighing on everyone's minds and hearts.
sorry to close on such a sad little note but I guess that's just the way it is today.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Those pictures are GORGEOUS, Corinne.

That's neat that Peter has the opportunity to attend a school that offers more fun & creative learning experiences. Are there ways he can still spend time with his neighborhood friends even when they will no longer be his schoolmates?

Corinne said...

Thanks Glenda :) These photos still aren't nearly as pretty as it was in real life.

I'm sure Peter would still love to hang out with neighborhood friends from his current school. I would probably just need to be deligent about making that happen. (not exactly my strong suit) ;)