Wednesday, January 20, 2010

that's my boy

As promised, here is Peter's first completed embroidery. And yes, it does say "tough love" on it - an expresssion he overheard me say on the phone as he was stitching. I guess I should be glad I didn't say something worse in my phone conversation or I might have found it documented in floss by my six year old.
He posted this photo on his own blog but added the text, "tip: make your needle go up and down up and down". Now that's good stitching advice if I ever heard it. You just can't go wrong with that, am I right?
ah, crafty kids say the darndest things.

11 comments:

fireblogger said...

pj said mom your' picshers are so beuteful I wish I could drawe like you!

Denise Felton said...

Oh, this rocks! Yea, Peter! I just put a little story with links on my blog. I hope it brings Peter a bit more recognition for his efforts.

Denise
http://needlework.craftgossip.com

iknitipurl said...

Peter did a great job with his stitching. He certainly knows what he is doing!

jody mcdowell said...

this is awesome!! i love that it says tough love! couldn't have done a better job myself.

Melissa Crowe said...

Awesome. (And I would NOT want to see my phone conversations immortalized in floss!)

SewSweetStitches said...

omigosh that is so great! Creativity is one of the best things to pass on to our kids, great job!

Glenda said...

That's great!! I bet that'll end up in your never-get-rid-of box :). The reason behind "tough love" gave me a good chuckle.

Unrelated to this post: I finally drew up a design for the top of my mini-calendar & started stitching it tonight. Should have pics on my blog & in your Flickr pool in the next couple days.

Rosali said...

Very nice your job.

RosaMarĂ­a said...

what a proud mama you must be!! the embrodey is awesome!!

Julie said...

Peter, Jen and I think that your embroidery is wayyyyy cool. Good job!

Mama Magpie said...

My son loves to stitch too. If he could spell (he's three) he'd definitely add "Tough Love" or "I Love Diggers" or "My Mom Won't Let Me Have a Motorcycle" to his embroidery!