Saturday, February 27, 2010

sunrise stitching

Where did this week go? Somehow it zipped by but I haven't got much to show for it. I have been stitching up this old friend this week in the wee early hours. Have you all been noticing that sunrise peeking through a little earlier these days? love it!

Presently, I have in my possession both One Yard Wonders and I Love Patchwork. Between those two gems and the fantastic series of sewing projects for boys over on Made and Made by Rae I am itching to sew. I haven't had my machine out since early December and there are so very many things I would love to make. I don't even know where to begin - there are so many projects to try. I suppose I just need to pick one and go for it or nothing will get done at all. Do you all ever feel that way - like you just need a 'kickstart' project to get you started going again?

If I manage to get that machine humming again this week I'll be sure to share my successes or failures - whatever they turn out to be!

6 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

Here's how I'm feeling: totally unfocused. I keep thinking of something I want to start, then something else, and something else, and I'm having a hard time picking something and going with it. If you manage to make one of those projects, be sure to share it--you might inspire me to sit still with something for a few minutes!

Kaye Prince said...

Ohh, I have both of those books too and I love them! I just made Rashida's blossom pincushion (from I Love Patchwork) a few weeks ago and it's so darling - you should definitely try it out!

Glenda said...

That's a beautiful picture, Corinne.

I'm not a sunrise person, never have been (by choice, that is!); I go to bed around 4:30/5:00 a.m. But I *have* noticed it's staying daylight longer and I love love love that!! My favorite part of the summer (well, other than swimming) is it staying light outside til 9:00pm -- now that's total bliss for me :).

Danielle said...

I definitely feel that way! Like Melissa, I guess that's why I have so many 'just started' projects around. PS: I love your blog; it's beautiful.

RosaMarĂ­a said...

i have one yard wonders and it is fantastic! i want to buy the other one (Rashida's)... hope you start a new proyect... love that little "old" friend of you :)

Corinne said...

Glenda- going to bed at 4:30 - 5:00 AM?!?! whoa! :) That's usually when I get up - between the two of us we are crafting 24 hours a day :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one with trouble deciding what projects to go with. I suppose having too much inspiration is better than not having enough. It's actually a pretty happy problem.