Thursday, March 25, 2010

how do i know that spring has arrived?

There's a bike in my dining room.And the porch and the basement and the hallway and on and on. Are you asking yourself how many bikes a person really needs yet? (I've already asked - the answer is "many"). Vince is a very bike-y and I will soon be resuming my role as 'bike widow'. It's alright though - I have more alone time in the evenings for crafting and he is a much happier husband when he starts riding again - win - win I say.
Spring break week is going well. We kicked it off with a cousin sleepover. So I had a house full of boys for 24 hours or so. Wait, make that "more full of boys" as that is the norm here anyway. We had fun and the weather was nice so there was a lot of fresh air to be had (I don't do sleepovers in the Winter for just that reason!). The cousins (and Peter) grumbled when it was time to go so I take that as a sign that they had fun. I hope so!
And this is what's getting stitched right now. This is the BACK and I kind of love it. It looks so sketchy and cool. I'll be sharing the front soon so stay tuned. It's one of my calendar panel examples and I am so excited about it - I've wanted to stitch this for months. Can't wait to share more!

7 comments:

Haleyknitz said...

lol sometimes the back is cooler than the front!

Jessica said...

Wow, I thought that was the front of the work--gorgeous!, and I love the color combo.

Also, as an aside, your windows are identical to ours--the trim, the color, the hardware. I did a double-take, actually, because they are just that similar, plus my kitchen used to be painted that same color!

Deb said...

haha I feel your pain... bikes in the office, bikes in the sitting room, bikes on the deck! Happy Happy Joy Joy

Glenda said...

How fun to have cousins over :). My son's cousins live about 10 blocks from us and whenever the kids all get together, it's never long enough (in their eyes) -- boy, you can't complain about cousins loving each other's company!!

Ohhhhhh, I love the backside of your stitching and can't wait to see the front!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Handcraft category today [26 Mar 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Miss Paula said...

Oh from the back your WIP looks cool, I agree!!

Maria said...

Well, if I love the BACK of the piece I'll probably really love the front!