Tuesday, March 9, 2010

time to open my mail brag

I admit, sometimes I try a little too hard to come up with clever titles and I fear I miss the mark entirely. "Mail brag" - get it - it's like "mailbag" but with more boasting and gushing? Just humor me, please, I know it's bad!
Anyway. I am sharing a little Etsy love today from a shop you are going to really like. This pretty little print arrived from Junecraft last week. I just love it! Take a looksee over at the shop - there are so many lovelies. This one is now in the 'waiting to hang in the studio, assuming one day I will have a studio' pile. I know, I know, that is a sad little place to put it but it gives me something else to look forward to. And then the next day this arrived:
A gorgeous sampler stitched up by fellow swapper, Aneela of Comfortstitching fame. What an extremely talented woman! Am I a lucky girl or what?

Check these stitches folks! I love it, don't you?
I am totally inspired to start my next swap embroidery now and have been sketching for the last few days. I hope to have it done in the next week or so and I think it's going to be a really fun one. What are you stitching these days?


Danielle said...

Hi! I love your blog. I just finished stitching up a poodle skirt for my four-year-old. It's right here on my blog if you'd like to take a peek: http://themakingsofeveryday.blogspot.com/2010/03/poodle-skirt.html

Erin M. said...

I have hearted junecraft thanks to you. I like the stuff.

And I'm also working on a skirt for my 4 yr old (and her friend who is having a b-day this weekend- no poodles on our skirts though). What is it with 4 yrs girls needing new skirts (see above comment)?

Corinne said...

Skirts for four year old girls sound like soooo much fun! (and I love the poodle Danielle!). It's boys boys boys over here though so no skirts for me unfortunately.

Danielle said...

Thanks! I also made your argyle ornament into a monogrammed nursery decoration for my friend's little boy. So, thanks for such a beautiful blog and resource!

Glenda said...

I love that print :).

The sampler is gorgeous -- I especially love the style and color of the basket weave-style stitching on the lower left side.

two hippos said...

What a lovely embroidery! I have only recently started to embroider and am really enjoying practising with small samplers.