Wednesday, April 7, 2010

bits and pieces

The flowerpot wraps are back. I stitched these up weeks ago and just never got around to taking photos and listing them until this week. Can you tell I read (and loved) I Love Patchwork? The mix of prints and linen were inspired by that book. There are so many beautiful projects in that book - check it out if you can!
Remember way back in January when I mentioned applying to a new school for Peter next year? Well, we found out in March that he did not get a spot and then found out last week that he DID. It's a two-part selection process and the second part is a lottery. The odds did not seem to be in our favor in March after round one so I didn't think much of it. So, it was a complete shock when we got the letter last week telling us that he made it in in round two. We all feel the same way we did when we got the first letter - happy and sad at the same time. Excited about the new school which has so many wonderful things to offer and sad about leaving a school we have grown so attached to. (yeah yeah yeah, "to which we have grown so attached" is proper, I know) If our problem is that we have to pick between two schools that we really like then that is a pretty awesome problem to have, I think. Some people don't even have one option that they like. We have two. I'd say that makes us pretty lucky.
Well, it's become quite clear as I write this that Adam is not going to take a nap today so I am off to tend to him. Oh, that reminds me - does anyone care to share any potty training tips?? We start (in earnest) next month!


A Peppermint Penguin said...

but you have the 'pot'ty training all wrapped up!

Sorry, punful habit.


Silver Sisters said...

Oh, I'm lookig for tips, too! Potty training went rather badly with kid #1 (due to other medical issues), so I'm nervous about kid #2 who should start soon!

All I can tell you is to keep it positive. Even if you're frusterated. Once it gets negative success is difficult.

Danielle said...

After trying all sort of things, what ended up being the most effective for my daughter was putting a potty within three feet of where she was playing (which means a potty in the living room sometimes). That way, she didn't have to go far to make it (when they are little, they are not aware of the sensation until it's almost too late). Best of luck!
PS: As always, love your work.

iknitipurl said...

Cute little wraps. I just ordered the book last week and absolutely LOVE it.

Good luck on the potty training. My daughter was into it all at first, but now she's regressing. I think we started a little early. She had only just turned three years old. We'll see what happens.

Kelly said...

Where did you get that yellow fabric? It is practically screaming my name!

I am a firm believer that kids use the potty when they are ready and not a minute before. But if you are in a hurry, maybe his cousin Sam could help.