Thursday, April 22, 2010

that kind of day


After over one year of blogging I am sharing my first recipe! This one was given to me by a friend who baffled me one day when she explained how her family loved her homemade gingersnaps. gingersnaps? really? I, of course, pictured the sad bag of hard bitter gingersnaps on the grocery store shelf low enough for the little old ladies to reach because surely they were the only ones who would buy them, right? They were like the ugly friend of the Chips Ahoy! homecoming queen and I still wouldn't buy those things.

But I would make these.

My friend was kind enough to pass on her recipe and wouldn't you know it - these are so yummy! They are soft in the middle with a little crispness on the edges. They aren't too sweet and have zip that is downright addictive.

So, if you have written off gingersnaps give these a try, you might be surprised - I was!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix together. Roll into balls then roll them in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake 12 - 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

RosaMarĂ­a said...

those cookies looks soooo great!

Honeymoon registry said...

I so love cookies. YUm! Thank you for sharing.