Friday, April 16, 2010

thrift score - finally

It's all our fault, folks. We shared all our awesome thrift store finds with the world in blogland and now everyone is a scavenger and they are taking all the good stuff! It seems like it used to be a lot easier to spy that little treasure tucked on the overcrowded shelf but now that shelf isn't so crowded anymore and what's left on it is plastic tweety bird mugs and multiple copies of "What to Expect When You Are Expecting" (there's at least one at every thrift store!) Maybe now that garage sale season is gearing up I will have better luck. Happily I did score this little number last week. I admit to wasting...er, I mean spending a lot of time looking through vintage illustration on flickr. I can't get enough of it.
So I knew I had to have this when I saw that tired stained cover under a pile of babysitter club paperbacks.
The copyright is 1939 and believe me, it has some outdated information. But the illustrations are delightful. I mean, check these out:

You would fall in love too, wouldn't you?

I wish I had some craft goodies to share but I'm in a bit of a dry spell right now. Sleep has been hard to come by in the house lately. Everyone seems to think that if the sun is up it must be playtime. Needless to say that philosophy does not allow for much time for anything else. They will just collapse from sheer exhaustion at some point, right? If they don't, I will!
Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Miss Paula said...

What a great find!! Enjoy!

jody mcdowell said...

i love finding old books like that with great illustrations!

susan said...

fabulous score!!

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

OMG! I thought it was just MY thrift store that had multiple copies of What to Expect When you are Expecting!! I begin to suspect some kind of conspiracy theory at work here.... roflol!
Hugs,
Kerry