Saturday, May 1, 2010

good hair day

Well the first of the two new pattern sets is finally done. Let me introduce - Wig Wonderful. I had the idea for this in my head for awhile and decided to get it on paper this Spring. To me, it just seemed like it would be a fun pattern for a Summer project. It has patterns for four wigs, three frames and one very serious mannequin.I envisioned appliques for these from the get-go. I actually intended to use patterned fabric for the appliques - pretty wild, eh? I chickened out at the last minute - too far out of my comfort zone. You can picture it though, right?
Can you believe all that pink? Whew - talk about out of my comfort zone! Hardly a trace of blue and no green at all - can you believe these were stitched by me?

I do actually have a girly side to me though she has been buried pretty deep for the past few years. When I was a little girl one of the careers I hoped to pursue was fashion design (also in the running were nun and librarian). I'm pretty much a jeans, t-shirt and cardigan girl now but I do appreciate what goes into all aspects of fashion and beauty. I suppose this pattern set comes from that part of me.
And now, onto Scandinavia!

15 comments:

Jessica said...

These are stunning! I do think they'd be great with patterned appliques as well. Love them!

Beth said...

I think the aqua is my fave! Gorgeous!

Rosali said...

I think the pink is very nice.

Natalie said...

Beautifully done! Love 'em...

MafiosaGrrl said...

ohh, love these!!

june at noon said...

Love them. They're a teeny bit similar to a series I started last year with silhouetted ladies with various hairstyles and button necklaces. (Great minds think alike, no?) I thought it was so much fun to create the different styles. I think yours are really fantastic, love how you went the wig direction, and with all those great colors! :)

The Curious Pug said...

wow these are amazingly gorgeous! so pretty and inspiring :)

Meaghan said...

These are incredibly perfect. My friend owns a hair salon in Baltimore that is very beehive-flip-retro-chic and I think these would be the perfect complement to the shop! You are so inspiring.

Funky Finds said...

these are so fantastic! well done!

jan said...

Hi! I found your blog through Mrs. Lacer's post on Feelin Stitchy. Love the wig girls!

Glenda said...

Those are so cool, Corinne!! The blue beehive is my favorite, but all three have so much flexibility in how the hair could be stitched. Very fun :).

SaraChung said...

Love them! Very original! I will definitely have to get this pattern from you in the future when I have time to do some more stitching :)

Maria Dryden said...

I really love this idea! I also love how you incorporated applique with your pattern-fantastic!

Kara said...

These are fantastic! I found a box full of embroidery hoops at a thrift store (for a quarter a piece!) and planned to just stick some fabric in them... but I definitely have a new plan now. YAY!

Anonymous said...

how did you do this, did you create the design on a comp and printed it out on the fabric? im new to needle work and think your work is amazing, please tell me! if you did do it on the comp what program did you use, is there a special ink and cloth you have to use???