Thursday, June 3, 2010

trading my needle in for a ...

You know what this means, don't you? We are mudding and taping and sanding in the boys' new room upstairs. Finally we have reached a point in the project where I can help more. Before it was a little more complicated and I pretty much just kept the kids out of the way and planned quilts while Vince did the big stuff. Now that there is some part of it that can be done when the kids are asleep, I get to help more. I'm actually starting to think we might get this room done at some point!
Oh and I'm sharing a little thrifted find today as well. It's a yard or so of this cute village market themed fabric. It's a heavy fabric so it would make a really cute tote bag (for taking along to the farmer's market perhaps?) but it needs a good wash first.

It's got a little bit of residue from some masking tape I believe and a tiny bit of discoloration. I thought it was too cute to pass up so I didn't. The sale I went to was a really good one with some sweet vintage finds. I love vintage goodies but I admit, I don't splurge on them very often. I wish I could and maybe one day I will. For now though, I was wishing I had an Etsy vintage store so I could have an excuse to take some of the treasures home. Among them were a beautiful vintage plaid wool coat ($4) and a 1950's turquoise vinyl and metal couch ($15!) I've been searching online for a picture of something similar to share but I can't find anything. It wasn't anything I would put in my living room but would be awesome on my porch! We'll see what Vince has to say about it and then maybe...

2 comments:

Melita said...

Fabulous fabric for a bag. What a great find.

Cerise said...

I think that would make a PERFECT farmer's market bag!! What an awesome find!