Thursday, July 15, 2010

farmers market bag - check!

Remember this fabric? I know I said I wanted to turn it into a farmers market tote bag but let's be honest here, I didn't really have a whole lot of hope that I would actually get that done. But in spite of that here it is! Had my dear crafty friends not been in town I don't know that I would have done it but they are very motivating. I used a pattern from Sew What Bags - a very useful book I might add. Guess what else...
it's reversible! (Don't you love that Happy Campers fabric?! - I do!)
There are a couple of other projects in the works too so there will be more to share as the week ends. I wish they could stay longer - there is just something about having a crafting 'team' around you that can make magic things happen. I recommend it highly.

5 comments:

c'est Moi! Heather from whimsy dot blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
c'est Moi! Heather from whimsy dot blog said...

i do remember your fabric. the bag came out wonderful! and i do love the fact that it's reversible. cheers!

p.s. i deleted my first comment because it had one too many typos. what can i say i'm tired and bleary eyed not a good combo for typing.

Rosali said...

La bolsa esta super bonita

Courtney said...

That fabric is irresistible! I love it.

I just caught one of your pendants on the front page of Etsy and wanted to say hi. Your embroidery work is beautiful!

JigsawJones said...

I found an apron at a Goodwill Outlet store (where they throw a bunch of junk into huge bins and sell it by the pound) made of some fabric very similar to that top bag's fabric. The characters are the same!