Monday, August 16, 2010

day one

Off he goes. Peter started his 2nd grade adventure today. We always take a photo on the front porch on the first day of school. It's a little silly actually because the sun is always blasting up there and I always get a squinty face from him no matter which direction he faces. Could I maybe pick a better location? For some reason he insisted the monkey be in the shot and I thought that was cute so why not? He didn't seem too nervous (however he did clutch a stuffed animal for his photo so who knows). He always takes things in stride better than I ever have or probably ever will. I tend to be the one who gets butterflies in my stomach on his first days of a new school year. Even though I have my first free afternoon in months while Adam naps, I still miss Peter and cannot wait to hear about his day. 1 hour 45 minutes to go...

4 comments:

NanaBeast said...

Oh, I know what you mean. I eagerly awaited the school age child home from school. My children are grown and gone. I really miss their childhood and really appreciate reliving them through others' accounts. Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

I get misty just thinking about Hugh going off to Kindergarten--and he's only 3 and a half. Cute shot of Peter!

JennyC said...

How handsome! I hope he enjoys school and I'm sure he will have loads to tell you when he's back :)

Glenda said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable is he?!! I hope it was a fun first day :).