Sunday, August 29, 2010

migration

*Well folks, here is the reason why I really can't seem to get anything done these days. We are getting ready to move!

All this came about very quickly about a month ago and we had to make some BIG decisions and we had to make them FAST. Me, I'm not so good at that. I will weigh pros and cons until the scale breaks if given a chance so let me just say, it's been a little stressful. But Vince is starting a new job and I think he will really like it and we will be starting a new life in a different city. I'm going to save our new location for a different post but I will say it's a good one!

Needless to say, this throws a pretty huge wrench into my crafting plans and I'm trying to deal with that as gracefully as possible. We have mountains of work to do before our house goes on the market and I have no choice but to focus my energy on that right now. By the way, anyone interested in a beautiful older home in an historic Omaha neighborhood? Lots of old world charm, it's a must see! (like that real estate lingo? think it will help me sell this house?)

So there's our big news. I'd say it's good news all wrapped up in a ball of worries and uncertainties. If we can just unravel it, it will all be just fine. Just hoping we won't find too many knots along the way.

*sculpture photo taken in lovely downtown Omaha

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh wow! That sounds scary and exciting and challenging! Enjoy the journey!

Melissa Crowe said...

Wow! Thanks for giving me a couple of days to fantasize that you're moving to Portland. ;-)

Natalie said...

Sounds oh so familiar! Heck, always up for adventure right? Good luck to you...

Glenda said...

Wishing y'all very, very few knots along the way to your new location :).