Saturday, September 4, 2010

7 things...

My pal, Jody over at "The Little Prints" invited me to participate in a little blog fun and even though I am pretty late to the game I’m going up to bat anyway. – Thanks Jody for tagging me!

1. I will be moving soon to the beautiful Twin Cities!!
Yes, that will be our new home (though it isn’t entirely new to us since Vince and I lived there when we first were married). We loved it there so this is really exciting!
2. I grew up in a house full of girls. I have an older sister, a younger sister, and a twin sister who is celebrating a birthday today – happy birthday Katy!

3. I have a deep affection for things that are painfully innocent like say, Holly Hobbie, vintage schoolbooks, Little House on the Prairie, Lawrence Welk – stuff like that.

4. I love mayonnaise, I mean I really love it – so much so that I only allow myself to have it on Fridays because well, you know you really shouldn't eat that stuff all the time, right? Vince thinks this organized self-deprivation is proof that I am a little nutty, I think it’s just very disciplined.

5. Yardwork is awesome, in my opinion. Pulling weeds, mowing, trimming – love it! I recently got my very own weed whacker and I am still a little giddy everytime I start that baby up.

6. Favorite movie of all time: Buffalo 66

7. I hate posting on my blog if I don’t have a photo to go along with it but sometimes I do it anyway.
Now, I’m supposed to tag 7 other bloggers to participate but I admit I feel so awkward doing that. (it feels a wee bit like the snowball dance at a wedding reception – have you ever seen anything divide the introverts and the extroverts so quickly and efficiently? ) Can you guess which category I’m in?
I would love to read 7 things about ALL the bloggers I read regularly so I guess I would invite anyone reading this to participate!


Beth said...

If it's your twin sister's birthday, that means it's your birthday, too?? Happy Birthday! Enjoy!

Kaye Prince said...

I was just going to comment exactly the same thing as Beth: so yes, if it's your twin sister's birthday than that makes it your birthday too, right? Happy Birthday!!!

Cheryl G. said...

Happy Birthday!
That's pretty tricky: my twins birthday!
Have a great one!

Glenda said...

Happy Birthday to You!!!

That's cool that y'all will be moving somewhere with which you're already familiar, and that you like :). Do you already have housing lined up?

A Peppermint Penguin said...

Glad I'm not the only genius to figure than one out! Happy Birthday, hope you are having a lovely day.


Cheryl said...


Sewz4fun said...

Hey Corinne, I live in the Twin Cities... When are you moving in?

Corinne said...

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes - you all have made my day!

And, I wish I could say for sure when I am moving but right now, we don't know yet. Vince is heading up first and we are going to stay behind and try to get this house sold so we'll see. We are hoping to be there by the new year. I would LOVE to meet some online friends when we get there though!

Megs said...

Wow - Happy Birthday (even though I'm a little late). And welcome back to the Twin Cities! So exciting to have people come (back) to our little neck of the woods. Hope you have a smooth transition. :)

Kurtzhals said...

We have an apartment in downtown MPLS! We actually "live" in Eau Claire, WI though, about 1 1/2 hours East of there. I am having a blast discovering the area over there!
Happy Birthday also, nice trying to sneak that in there, silly girl!

Angie said...

Ha ha, happy birthday! :) That was tricky! I had to google snowball dance. Yeah, I would be running to find a hiding place if that was happening at a wedding I was attending. Unless someone had spiked the punch. And I look goofy dancing. It wouldn't be good.

theurbanpasture said...

Congratulations on your move to Minneapolis! I just moved from there to Chicago and I miss it already. Wish you all the best of luck with moving-what a pain it can be!

jody mcdowell said...

yay.. i'm happy to see this post, even if i'm so late!

happy late birthday, and i always loved buffalo 66. haven't seen it in years! and i also can't stand not posting a photo with a post. it just feels so empty!

thanks for playing! i love learning new things about blogger friends :)