Thursday, September 2, 2010

amid the chaos a pattern is born!

Whew! Slowly slowly slowly this new pattern set has been in the works in spite of the insanity all around. I am so excited about this one! It's something really different from my other patterns. Instead of a single image to stitch these patterns are seamless designs similar to a design on fabric. So, you can transfer the design, line it up again along the edges and transfer again and you will get a seamless surface design that is as large - or as small as you want. Does that make sense? I swear the most daunting part of this project has been trying to explain it - not my strong suit.

These designs were inspired by Indian motifs found in mehndi patterns and the gorgeous fabrics used to make saris. Oh I saw so many stunning patterns along the way and I wanted to pack my bags for Mumbai! Instead I packed boxes for....oh I'm not telling yet *wink*

So, I suppose it's time to get back to painting the bathroom and scrubbing scrubbing scrubbing the floors! This project was a delightful escape for me over the last month or so and I have a feeling another diversion will find it's way in soon too. My flossbox will be the very last thing I pack away!

7 comments:

Dix said...

You know your good when...you can stitch and move house at the same time. Those are truly beauteous.

NanaBeast said...

I just bought this because of the paisley. I am in Christmas gift making mode and my middle child LOVES paisley and I love embroidery, so this is going to be perfect for us both.

Many, many blessings on the moving process and the new home.

Kimberly said...

Oh these patterns are so lovely and so my style! The paisley reminds me so much of my wedding cake: http://tinyurl.com/2a563az. Beautiful design!

c'est moi! heather at whimsy dot blog said...

(quietly clapping hands) oh i love these patterns. and they so do remind me of mendhi. now hmmmm where did i put my henna paste..... i know what i'm buying next week when the finances improve. cheers!

Glenda said...

What a good idea for patterns; LOVE the paisley design.

Lovely choices of fabrics & flosses on the samples you stitched up.

Corinne said...

Thanks everyone! It's always a little scary to try something new but all your kind words are so encouraging to me. :)

jody mcdowell said...

i LOVE those! the pattern is perfect, and especially pops on the dark brown!