Sunday, October 10, 2010

seasons stitchings

Let me just tell you how great it feels to have a little bit of time for embroidery again! I managed to get two ornaments done this week. Of course, I would have liked to have made more but it wasn't to be. I made this one as a tiny tribute to one of my favorite Christmas songs - can you guess which one?
I have always wondered why they play "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music at Christmastime. I mean, it's not really a Christmas song, right? Oh well, I welcome it's broadcast anyway because I love that song. I also really wanted to stitch up another tiny little dress after I worked on a couple last year. So, this seemed like a fun way to do it.The green fabric is appliqued onto the white fabric base. The white fabric has a very subtle floral pattern on it but you can't see it from every angle. If this doesn't sell I won't be sad at all because, well, I kind of want this!
And then there is the sweet little baby ornament. It's stitched on red linen which I love even though every time I use it for a project I have second thoughts when I remember how difficult it is to photograph red. The color isn't exactly right on this photo - the real ornament isn't quite this BRIGHT but it's close enough. As long as I have Photoshop I will not give up my favorite red linen!

4 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

Hmmm...I don't think there's much chance (okay, none!) that the dress ornament's not gonna sell. It's DARLING!

Anonymous said...

I literally gasped when I say the dress ornament. Absolutely darling and I haven't seen anything like it! Love it!

Glenda said...

Ohhhh, love the dress ornament!! Very cute, very creative.

I've yet to try reverse applique; you make it look so easy!

Wendy said...

I LOVE that dress ornament, it is so sweet!