Monday, December 6, 2010

field trips

So, the move has been somewhat of a ... challenge and we will obviously be so glad when every part of it is done but in the meantime we are taking in all of the wonderful things the Twin Cities have to offer. One of them is the thriving, bustling, amazing handmade community. First we caught this fine event and dipped our toes into the sublime pool that is HandmadeMN. I did a little bit of shopping at Roundbottom Baby (an absolute delight!) and did some more drooling as well before it was time go.

Then we cranked it up a notch and went here this past weekend:
Holy wow! So many crafters, so much activity, so many reasons to open your wallet *wink*. We all had loads of fun and left wanting to go home and MAKE STUFF. Obviously we were inspired. I also had a little celebrity spotting when I met Alyssa of Penguin and Fish fame. Yep, you guessed it, she was very nice. I'm hoping our paths will cross again because I'm sure I could learn a lot from her.
I honestly don't know how all these artists have time to put these amazing displays filled with beautiful products together right smack dab in the middle of the busiest time of the year. I am a bit in awe of that seeing as I can't even seem to get the dishes done AND make a 3 inch Christmas ornament in the same day. Maybe I need something stronger than coffee. kidding of course.
Thanks Twin City crafters for the inspiration and wonder!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Welcome to MN (belatedly)! No Coast is awesome, isn't it?