Monday, December 13, 2010


Okay, be really quiet everyone because the boys are still sleeping and what they don't know yet is that school has been cancelled! If we don't make a sound maybe they will sleep in until, like 7 or something and I can maybe get some things done!
Sorry, I don't have a photo to share from this past weekend so I went with this cute pic of Adam from the previous week's snowstorm. You would only see Adam from the waist up in a photo from this week's storm.

I have to admit I was very surprised when I heard school would be cancelled. Yes, we did have a blizzard (17 inches of snow) but, hey, that was on Saturday, right? I am not complaining at all. It's also below zero out there so I'm sure that is factoring in as well. Yes, I'm happy as a clam to be stuck inside today. We have library books, movies, everything we need to make rice crispy treats, and plenty of coffee/hot chocolate. Yep, we're going to be just fine.

I am hoping to somehow finally finish a number of orders that are about 95% done. Why is it that the last 5% of a project seems to take the longest? I feel like I have been moving in slow motion the last few days and I'm not sure why.

Also on my "to-do" list today is to find a project for Peter. He usually opts to make rather than buy* a Christmas present for Adam and I need to track down a few options for him. The challenge to me is to find something that he can do almost entirely on his own. I tend to suggest projects that appeal to me but require an adult for a good portion of it. That sort of defeats the purpose. He made a book last year and this year I am thinking maybe some kind of stuffed toy. A really really easy stuffed toy.
On that note, off I go to sip my coffee in silence and scan the web for tutorials - what a great way to start the week!

* At this point I think this is more about not wanting to part with allowance money than it is about wanting to show his love for his brother through the act of creating something but...I'm working on him.


Glenda said...

When I'm finishing up a project, I can't seem to finish fast enough. My brain has already moved ahead to what I want to work on next and it's hard to stay inspired about finishing what I've already started! So I hear ya about that last 5% ;-).

Hope your guys enjoyed their snow day! That's allota snow . . .

Corinne said...

I'm glad it's not just me, Glenda. I know what you mean about looking ahead and wanting to just leap in that direction. I have had my head in January for weeks now and I can hardly wait for the new year :)