Friday, April 22, 2011

i do believe we are done

And so it seems we have closed on our house in Omaha. I can't accurately describe the relief that comes with that but believe me, it's huge. It means we can start to look ahead. It means perhaps my husband can let go of the second job that kept him away from us so many nights but, at the same time, saved us. Both of these things make me giddy.

I will say that those hydrangeas up there will be missed! And even though it's none of my business anymore, I do hope the new owners don't dig them up and get rid of them.

We had a few small snags there at the end at the fault of our ever-unreliable bank. It probably wouldn't be right for me to tell you it's name but if you threw a "T" in the middle of their initials it would be "WTF". Thankfully things got squared away in time though not without my sons having to hear me use the "f" word. Sorry guys!

Anyway, I am a happy little bird today and I'm feeling much lighter! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Kelly Irene said...

Congratulations! I do hope this is a new beginning for all you :)

SewAmy said...

I am so happy things are working out now. The hydrangeas are so pretty , you should take some with you and plant them.

ragamuffin yogini said...

Congratulations. I just went through something similar...we bought our dream house without a buyer for our old house and deals kept falling through right and left and FINALLY after 4 1/2 months we closed....having two mortgages was awful. The weight of that extra mortgage was almost too much to bear....

Haleyknitz said...

lol i've had problems with wtf bank too ;)

Glenda said...

Congrats on closing the deal; what a huge sigh of relief for you guys. And I hope, indeed, your hubby can let go of that second job =).

www.huesca-3d.com said...

Well, I don't really suppose this is likely to have effect.