Monday, May 2, 2011

come what may

Spring marched through Minneapolis yesterday past crowds wrapped in hats, winter coats and gloves. She won't be stopped you know. We were happily among the onlookers attending what is one of my very favorite celebrations here: the MayDay parade and festival presented by the In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre.

This is a parade bursting with creativity, ideas, inspiration and enthusiasm. When I moved to the Twin Cities the first time, many years ago, this was the first big event I attended. After that I was pretty sure I had made the right move. Vince and I were both so excited to be coming back a decade or so later, but this time with our children.
They were impressed but also just a bit creeped out from time to time (I guess I can see that). And they were COLD but it was totally worth it.

1 comment:

afrodisiacos said...

Really useful material, lots of thanks for your post.