Wednesday, June 22, 2011

new guys

*Thanks for letting me post photos once again*
Now, where was I? Oh yes - something new to share today. Another little fabric panel - and then I swear, that's all for now! I decided to call these guys "Talking Threads". 
They start out like this:
Then you get to stitch up whatever words and other embellishment you choose and they end up something like this:
The potential for silliness, happy encouragement and profanity is endless, which is perhaps my favorite thing about them. Plus they make a pretty quick and easy project for beginners which I like as well. A lot of people tell me they want to try embroidery but aren't sure where to start so I had them in mind when designing these.
They fit right into a 6 inch hoop but I suppose if one were so inclined they could be a part of a quilt or other fabric project.
Whatever people decide to do with them I hope they have FUN.


SewAmy said...

very cute!

Amy said...

How cool! Any chance of adding a blonde?

Mollie. said...

Fantastic! The combination of the drop shadow and the stitching really had me thinking these were layered. Soooo lovely!

Glenda said...

I love 'em!!

I'm glad you see the potential for someone stitching profanity on them because I think the cuteness of the design presents a great opportunity for some unexpected wording ;-).

Corinne said...

Thank for so many nice words :D

Amy, it's funny the redhead started as a redhead, I changed her to a blonde, then changed her back to a redhead. I just couldn't get the color right but I know I need to keep trying because blondes have something to say too, right? I mean, it's only fair!

Mollie, I added that drop shadow at the last minute and now I'm so glad I did - thank you!

Glenda, if only you could have heard the silliness as Vince and I threw out ideas of what my little example guys could be saying. Obviously I came to my senses and stuck with some very tame phrases but the potential is there I think :).

artisamc said...

these are awesome!! what a great idea!

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

Love those plaid backgrounds too! Just added you to my blog list because I don't want to miss out on all the wonderful stuff you do :) Couldn't find you on FB btw is that right?

citygirlsweets said...

These are adorable! So very creative! Found you on Heartsy last week. Someone had nominated your goodies to be featured.