Wednesday, June 8, 2011

new on the shop shelf

Babies are pretty much my favorite people to make things for, really. And it's not just because they can't tell you what they really think of what you have made for them which, in my opinion, is indeed a bonus. I took a leap and decided other people might have this same fondness for those handmade baby gifts as well when I made these new little goodies for my shop.
I just have finished examples shown here but they each started out as a pre-printed panel that can be embroidered and embellished to whatever degree and in whatever manner one sees fit.
There are three designs: the baby bird, the giraffe pull toy and the sailor bunny. The inner circle is 8 inches but the panel is 12 inches square so there are some fun possibilities here I think. There is room for three lines of text. I used standard birth record info for my sample but a lovely little quotation would be cute as well.
AND...I'm also super excited about my friend and fellow Etsian, Julie being picked for featured seller! Check out her interview here. Way to go Julie!

6 comments:

SewAmy said...

these are so cute!

Melissa Crowe said...

BRILLIANT! I have a feeling these are going to be very popular. I am especially fond of the nest version!

Le bateau rouge said...

They are so cute and individual! What a great idea... Anyway, I also love to create items especially for babies and children :) It's always a special gift that lasts and will accompany them for a long time. Alexandra

Corinne said...

Thanks everybody! :)

cross stitch kits said...

love the giraffe, very cute :-)

Glenda said...

Those are so cute, Corinne!! Lots of room for embellishing as little or as much as someone wants. Brilliant.