Tuesday, June 7, 2011

O.P.P. (other people's patterns)

I am keeping my needle busy these days and am finally taking a moment to snap a photo of one of my WIPs to share today. Fellow stitchers might recognize this gorgeous design from Carina of Polka and Bloom
It's her beautiful "Tree of Life" pattern. I am so happy that she said "yes" when I asked her if I could use it for one of my calendar panel examples! So far it's been really fun to stitch but as you can see I left the satin stitching for the very end. It's my least favorite stitch so I always let it just sit there until it can't be avoided any longer. 
Of course the advice I would give to anyone else who said the same thing would be to just practice and then it won't seem so bad so I suppose I should take that to heart myself. I used to feel that way about french knots and now I love them. I can't wait to share this when it's all finished up!


Carina said...

Ohhh..! So cool to see my wee pattern in.. September House colours!! :-)

To be honest, I don't like satin stitch *that* much either - so usually I force myself to do it first to get it out of the way! ;-)

giddy99 said...

It DOES look lovely in those colors! Beautiful. :)