Monday, August 15, 2011

angels in august

Okay, so I am so excited about these! In part because they took sooooo long to get here! I sketched this idea out 2 years ago and just couldn't seem to get it right in time for the 2009 or the 2010 holiday season. She would get pulled in and out of the project pile over and over until finally this Summer she emerged! yea!
I decided I had better throw a blond into the mix for good measure. Usually I get scared off by blond. I'm afraid I will make it 'yellow' and all the blonds in the world will hate me. I hope I got it right here (crossing fingers).

Besides getting these on the shop shelves this week I am plugging along on a custom order - I swear one day there will be photos, I swear! I have also designated this week as "wrap up week". The week when I finish up a number of half completed 'to-do's' that have been nagging at me and also catch up with people I need to catch up with. That part will be fun - assuming all the people I have been neglecting haven't written me off for good for being so out of touch (sorry guys!). We also have a birthday at the end of this week in our family and I am so NOT prepared for that. Again, I have work to do but it will be the fun kind of work!






23 comments:

nicole said...

You are so clever! And so well prepared for next season(s). Unlike me ;)

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

oh that comment above was from me, I was logged in to the wrong account! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!

Melissa Crowe said...

Oh, you should be excited about these! They are BRILLIANT! I just showed them to everyone in my family, and they agree you are very clever. (I said, "Come look what my friend made!")

Ulla V. said...

They were definitely worth waiting for!! Oh my, so wonderful they both are. I'm really impressed by the way you made them so realistic - the snowangels are simply amazing. :))

Becka said...

Corinne! These are so fantastic! Count me in when you get them in the shop.

Karen said...

This is one of the cutest things I've ever seen - well done!!

Natalie said...

Perfect, both blond and brunette! Love them...

Glenda said...

I gasped when I saw this pop up on my Google Reader. These are beautiful and oh-so-clever, Corinne!! Such great ornament ideas this year :-).

Hattie Hen said...

How absolutely gorgeous. I have never seen snow angels in embroidery before! GORGEOUS Corinne!
You're so creative.
Cheers
Sandra F.

gmp said...

Adorable! I really love the dimensional look. Very creative.

Scented Sweetpeas said...

They are gorgeous!

MamaClucks said...

These are absolutely fantastic!! So creative and just adorable and sweet. Great job.

Corinne said...

Oh my word! So much love!
You all are too nice *blush*
Thank you so very much for all the sweet comments!

Tamara said...

WOW!! Brilliant!

I love this idea and will be spending some time trying to figure out how you did it. It's so perfect :)

smallt0wngirl said...

Your work is *so* beautiful! I absolutely love these!!!

Anonymous said...

I WANT BUY THE 2 ANGELS BUT I AM fRENCH AND I SPEAK A LITTLE ENGLISH AND I DONT UNDERSTAND THE PROCESSUS FOR PAY
sorry
amities HELENE

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Absolutely amazing!

Laura said...

Your work is so cute I would like to follow you, but all I do is emails and you don't have a place to sign up for them. I am not versed in anything else. I read about your bout with Facebook and understand, it is all to much I agree. If you could add a link to emails I would definitely join.
lferran2003@yahoo.com

Amanda said...

This is just so perfect. Really very clever.

Pamela said...

I'm in love! I'll be stalking your shop. :)

www.lugo-3d.com said...

Pretty helpful data, lots of thanks for your post.

MAYRI said...

Perfect....