Wednesday, August 3, 2011

show and tell

As promised (or threatened perhaps) I am back in the blogosphere. My very dear friends, Julie and Jen, who were visiting all the way from sunny California left today and I immediately wanted to share some of the fun things we made this year. If you are a regular reader then you have probably heard about this flurry of crafting that comes along with any visits from my friends and fellow Etsians. I am pretty proud of us this year although I think it's safe to say that we never get as many projects done as we would like.
 This year we made some lovely mugs using Vitrea paints. They can be heat set in your oven so they are dishwasher-safe. How Julie gets her handwriting so perfect is beyond me. I didn't even try. I opted for flowers (imagine that).
What we spent MOST of our time on this time around was a set of dolls for a very special baby girl born just this Summer. We used this tutorial which I had bookmarked ages ago but never honestly thought I would ever have an opportunity or reason to try it. When this precious new family member came into Julie and Jen's lives I threw the idea out there and was thrilled when they said they wanted to try it. I think we would all agree that this is a labor intensive project but well worth it.
There is a lot of embroidery going on behind the SeptemberHouse scenes but I don't have any decent photos to share. What I will share is this scan of the new 'love' stamps from the US post office. LOVE these! I think I gasped a little when the woman at the counter pulled these out. She seemed less impressed of course but I was one happy girl when I took these home. Yes, I have been known to be a bit of a stamp nerd, it's true.
And now, I'm off to check in with some blogs I have been missing, I can't wait to see what everyone else has been making!


home painting said...

Cool stuffs! Thanks for sharing. More power!

Becky~ said...

Love the dolls.Im a new follower looking forward to my visits here.