Thursday, September 29, 2011

hello long lost blog

We're here! I'm here! I swear I have not abandoned 'So September'. It's just been a little, well, nutty. A lot has happened in the last two weeks. One of which was my youngest boy turning 4! When Peter turned four I was just about to have Adam so this feels like a bit of a milestone and a bit like new territory. Once again Adam's birthday arrived amid a flurry of activity in which it almost was lost. That has somehow managed to happen every year, poor thing. We did have a small celebration though and I don't think he felt cheated at all. whew!
And even though Vince begged me to wait with any photos until everything was in it's place (which it is sooooo NOT), here I am with a couple of little sneak peaks. A fireplace! Something I never really thought I would have in a house I lived in but dreamed about it anyway. And there it is. Weird how that happens sometimes, no?
A lovely little row of evergreens in the back. That's where the squirrels and birds and rabbits like to congregate. Oh, and the people too. Good grief I love those trees.
Other trees are winning our hearts as well.
and just one more. A little built in space to put you fiestaware and what not. I (not my kids or husband but ME) broke TWO pieces of the vintage fiesta in the course of the move and I swore I would tuck it away for it's own good from now on. Turns out this is a pretty perfect little nook. 

So, we are settling. There is a LOT of crafting paraphernalia that still needs to find a home but I at least located my needles and floss so I'm good. I have missed the craft blog world and can't wait to catch up on everyone's projects and plans. 

1 comment:

Melissa Crowe said...

Ooh! Ooh! I love your nook! Can't wait to see more of the new house!